LOST IN L.A - AURÈLE

• 전시장소

ATHENESSA LA GALLERY

• 문의

+1(323)760 40 92

• 주소

616 S La Brea Ave I Los Angeles, CA 90036

ATHENESSA LA I Vanessa Virag I Art gallery I Los Angeles I Paris 

We are very pleased to announce our new show “LOST IN LOS ANGELES” a solo show of renowned French Artist AURÈLE. Opening April 18th.

His "LostDog" is a trademark, his yellow a color of hope. Aurèle is the prototype of a generation of artists without any complexes or moods, driven by on-the-ground action more than by a simple arty attitude, a way of being more that a way of showing. Aurèle has been developing, for more than twenty-five years, the same radical project of denouncing modern wanderings. Its goal: to mobilize present and future generations in the face of wars, epidemics, ecological catastrophes, political and media excesses, precariousness and exclusion, inequalities and overconsumption. “LOST IN LOS ANGELES” is Aurèle’s first solo show in Los Angeles. .

AURELE LOSTDOG

Aurele Ricard, born in France, lived and worked in Paris, New York and Shanghai. He is well known by his creative sculpture of “Lost Dog”, his giant sculpted bull terriers that reflects the loss of mankind, including human crisis on wars, sex, race, religion and environment. The showcase of His Lost Dog collection was attractive and drew the audiences’ attention worldwide from the unique, charming, and easy to remember Lost Dog, which is always increasing in size. In 2006, his giant bull terrier, “The Yellow Lost Dog” was presented in Grand Palais, Paris, France.

In 2010, Aurele participated in the World Expo 2010 in Shanghai. The theme of the expo, “A Better City, A Better Life” inspired him to work with the theme of sustainable development and “new” environmental technologies used in urban areas, resulting in the creation of a giant dog sculpture covered with a selection of air-filtering plants, called “The Lost Dog CO2”.

He plans to construct “The Lost Dog Museum”, a gigantic art museum containing bull terrier sculpture with the height of 80 meters under the concept of criticizing human society that is obsessed with modern values. His sculpted Lost Dog makes people smile and consider anxiously on current situation with a hope for better change in the next generation.

RECENT WORK

2019- Bold School - Vanessa Virag A&D, Paris

2018 - Lost Dog Ma - Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok Biennale

2018 - AIR - Vanessa Virag A&D, Paris

2017 - Still Life - Vanessa Virag A&D, Paris

2016 - Warhol / Aurèle, galerie Taglialatella, Paris

2016 - LostDog Blue Dragon, ACN Gallery, Shanghai

2014 - LostDog No more Fukushima, Maison Laurentine.

2014 - No other future but the future, French May Festival, Hong Kong.

2014 - Aurèle by Aurèle, Avenue des Arts Gallery, Hong Kong.

2014 - NapoFever, Galerie Kleber, Paris.

2014 - Pop-up LostDog, Dariel Studio, Shanghai.

2014 - Fukushima mon amour, One Step Gallery, Paris

artwork images by 

https://www.instagram.com/athenessa_la_gallery/ 

http://www.vanessavirag.com 

LIST